Davies-Barry Insurance a division of Porter-Spaulding, Inc. takes your privacy seriously. Because we value our customer relationships, WE DO NOT share or sell customer information to nonaffiliated third parties. This notice outlines our information-sharing practices, and the measures we take to protect your personal information.
Information We Collect
In order to perform the insurance services requested by you, we collect non-public personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you, or provided on your behalf, including application information, such as assets and income and identifying information, such as name, address and social security number;
- Transaction information, such as policy coverage, claims history, and payment history;
- Information from consumer reporting agencies and data collecting agencies, such as credit reports and driving records;
- Information you provide to us on health or life insurance applications, or from health care providers about your past and current health conditions, such as doctors and hospitals.
Information We Disclose
We do not share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Davies-Barry Insurance may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for the following reasons:
- To an insurance company, agent, or support organization to provide the insurance products and services requested by you;
- To other third parties to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us;
- To a medical care professional in order to verify coverage or benefits;
- To a group policyholder to report claims experience or conduct an audit of our operations, but only as necessary to conduct the review or audit;
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud.
Medical information is not released to anyone without your signed authorization. We are permitted to disclose health information to process your transaction with us. This may include, for instance, to process claims or to prevent fraud.
We control access to non-public personal information to those who need access to provide products and services to policyholders and to others as permitted or required by law. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to better protect against the misuse of non-public information under our control.
Correcting or Removing Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the customer information we maintain and to correct inaccurate information. Please submit in writing to Davies-Barry Insurance Attn: Director of Operations, 4205 Cambria Drive West, Suite 201, Ketchikan, AK 99901. Your request must include your name, address, telephone number, and a description of the information you would like access to and/or correct. The request needs to include whether you’d like to review the information in person or have a copy sent to you.
We reserve the right to change our privacy policies in the future, which could include sharing non-public personal information with non-affiliated third parties for purposes other than as stated in this notice. We will provide you a revised privacy notice before we do that. Additional copies of our Privacy Notice may be obtained by submitting a written request to the following address: Davies-Barry Insurance 4205 Cambria Drive West Suite 201, Ketchikan, AK 99901.
Notice to Opt Out of Distribution of Non-Public Personal Financial Information
Davies-Barry Insurance does NOT sell nor release your personal information for any reason except to provide the service requested by you. However, according to the State of Alaska Division of Insurance Regulation, we are required to offer you the choice to opt out if we ever do decide to release information about you. Please remember, if at any time our privacy policies change you would be notified before any changes take effect.